Land Rover-Orbea Cycling
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
From: Norrene Godfrey << Date: December 19, 2008 4:07:25 PM
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Hope my email finds everyone safe and sound for the holidays.
- We will be opening our 2009 LIVESTRONG Challenge account shortly –look for it by the end of December. We will be once again raising funds for the LAF to send another individual to the Seattle LIVESTRONG Challenge.
- Today is the last day for our toy drive and we will be picking up our toy boxes this evening and delivering the toys to the hospital shortly. I will have a photo of all the toys in our next email update. Thank you to all who participated in our toy drive –the kids at Dorenbecher's will be happy this holiday season thanks to all of you!
Welcome on board Bicycling Magazine:
- We would like to welcome on board the Land Rover-ORBEA; Benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation family for 2009 –Bicycling Magazine. Bicycling Magazine will help with getting the word out on our little team and all that we do, with email distribution of team info, counter top displays, banner advertising and printing and distribution of promotion postcards. This will be a HUGE opportunity for the team to take it's message of raising funds and awareness for the Lance Armstrong Foundation to even more people!Bicycling is the world's leading cycling magazine and connects with millions of active, affluent professionals for whom cycling is the centerpiece of a vibrant, experiential lifestyle. Bicycling's unique combination of travel, gear, fitness, style and award-winning stories -- all surrounded by vivid photography and framed in elegant design -- brings the sport to life for passionate readers who take them along for every ride.
WELCOME ON BOARD!
- New Zealand National Criterium Championships was December 5th and Roman van Uden took 2nd and new comer to the team Mike Northey took 3rd in the U23 division. Excellent job guys –2009 is shaping up to be an exciting season!
- Dean Tracy our lone track sprinter will be heading out this weekend to New Zealand and Australia where he will be racing the Taz Christmas Carnivals. Dean was invited back by the Australian promoter to try his luck again in the week long event. After racing last year, Dean has a better understanding of what to expect and we look for him to be on the podium several times this year –good luck Dean! If you want to track his adventures you can follow him through his blog site at www.voodoomadness.blogspot.com
Getting to know the team: Josh Bartlett
Josh is from Windham City, New Hampsire, this will be his second year on the team. Josh's favorite foods are Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Coffee. He likes pretty much all kinds of music from Kenny Chesney to Spitalfield. Josh brings to the team, his never quit attitude and his ability and willingness to take on any challenge that is put in front of him. Some of his best memories are placing 2nd in the 2008 OBRA Road Race Championships then racing the Cirque du Cycling Criterium the same evening. Josh also participated in the pedalpalooza here in Portland, but you will have to ask him about that one yourself!